Measurement of power during bench press using the BMS and linear transducer only is not as problematic as for a movement such as squat jump or power clean as you are measuring the power applied to the bar only. So depending on the level of validity that you require using the linear transducer should be sufficient. If you do have access to a force plate then measuring the force directly by placing the bench on the plate will work well.
Calculating power output during bench press and throw
Was this article helpful?
- Technical Note – Ballistic Measurement System – Defining Phases of the Countermovement Jump
- Technical Note – Connections for Linear Potentiometer to the C-Force Platform
- Connections for Synch Pulse Output from the C-Force Platform
- Installing FTD2xx.DLL in Windows Folders
- What are the priority outcome measures for each test type?
- Which Outcome Measures Should I Use?