Latest Addition – Video Agility Test
Truly test reactive agility using the Video Agility Test included in the latest version of Kinematic Measurement System. Video clips of actual opponents are displayed in random order with the athlete working hard to see cues, interpret, plan and respond appropriately. This is the next generation for testing and training reactive agility.
Many coaches, athletes and scientists are familiar with the existing timing systems on the market. These are generally based around a dedicated timing system using a microprocessor and other electronic circuits in a box. The Kinematic Measurement System uses the power and ease of Microsoft Windows and the modern personal computer to perform the timing, data analysis, reporting and recording functions. This allows Innervations to develop a far more sophisticated timing system that has enormous advantages over the other timing systems on the market. These include:
1. Much greater range of tests. Most timing systems just give you time between switch changes and are in effect an expensive stopwatch. The KMS software gives you 9 other categories of tests which have been designed using the latest research and feedback from coaches and athletes.
2. Assistance and tutoring with implementation of the tests. The design philosophy of Microsoft Windows is ease of use. The KMS utilizes this to provide information and prompting during testing freeing up the user to concentrate on the athlete.
3. Automatic recording of test results. Easy transfer of data to Excel or Word. Most other timing systems require you to write down the results as they are recorded or download them later. This is time consuming and error prone. With the KMS the results of every test can be recorded and saved to disk at the touch of a key or mouse button. The results are saved in rich text format so that they can be easily incorporated into a professional report. If you have Microsoft Excel then the results are also exported directly into an Excel spreadsheet so that you now have all the power of Excel to collate, manipulate, graph, rank order, and perform other calculations such as averages, standard deviations and z-scores. In fact, because the KMS software works intimately with Windows data can be easily copied and pasted between any other Windows application.
4. Utilization of your existing investment in a personal computer. Most people already have a Windows based computer and the KMS just extends the capability of your PC to that of a powerful testing and training tool.
5. Easy upgrade. To upgrade to the latest version of the software you simply download from the Internet and install like any other Windows software. The KMS is constantly evolving and new tests are being added based on research and feedback from customers. The software license gives you free upgrades for life. Unlike microprocessor based systems which require return to factory for reprogramming or purchase of an entire new unit.
6. False signal processing is a remarkable innovation of the KMS. Other timing systems are plagued by erroneous switch changes, false signals, timing errors because they do not have the processing power of the modern PC to make intelligent decisions about which is the most representative switch signal. Most microprocessor based systems simply put a delay in after a switch change which prevents them from registering any other signals. This is a very “dumb” approach to the problem. The KMS uses sophisticated algorithms to sort the false signals from the true and this results in far more accurate timing and less botched trials.
7. Performance Feedback is a great feature of the KMS with instantaneous visual and audible indicators of the performance achieved and whether the athlete is successful at meeting the target. For more information please see Performance Feedback.
8. Subject names and mass can be entered into the KMS database prior to testing and then selected at test time. It is distracting and error prone to be trying to keep track of each athlete’s results during testing especially when you have a squad of 30-40 athletes lined up. The KMS manages much of this process for you. You simply select the athlete about to be tested, run the test, save the result and the correct name and mass is recorded along with the test result. The KMS is designed to make the process of testing large numbers of athletes in a single session possible with a minimum of stress.