What is the InnerBalance?
Software system for assessing, testing, training and rehabilitating athletes and patients. Based on vertical ground reaction force measures from the Fitness Technology portable force plate the system calculates centre of pressure and force characteristics during tasks ranging from quiet standing to landing from jumps or performing unilateral or bilateral upper or lower body exercises such as squats or push-ups. Extensive demonstrations are available in our Video Library.
InnerBalance is a sophisticated but easy to use software program for measuring a large range of human performances and providing rehabilitation exercises and training. These include:
- Standing postural balance including mCITSB and single leg stance
- Drop and stick testing of double and single leg landings for assessment of dynamic balance and control
- Functional assessment of lunging, squatting, stepping
- Balance assessment and rehabilitation
- Upper body tests of strength and stability
InnerBalance is designed for the assessment and training of static and dynamic balance, stability and functional movement. Measuring forces applied to the ground and movement of the centre of pressure provides highly accurate assessment of the ability to control movement and maintain balance during both static and dynamic activities. The system can be used to monitor progress with rehabilitation following illness or injury. Asymmetries between left and right sides can be determined with high resolution during very functional movement tasks. Both lower (e.g. squat, lunge, normal and tandem walk, single leg squat, land and stabilise, limits of stability, sit to stand etc.) and upper body (e.g. double and single arm support, limits of reach, ballistic push-up etc.) performance can be quantified. Standard protocols and methods of analysis and reporting are provided as well as the ability to implement novel tests. All measures can be exported to Microsoft Excel spreadsheets for further analysis or database management. For demonstrations of how easy InnerBalance is to use visit our Instructional Video.
Balance & Stability
Balance and stability can be assessed during any static or dynamic task by tracking movement of the centre of pressure over the surface of the force plate. A range of summary variables are automatically calculated and formatted into a written report along with graphs of centre of pressure and sway. All measures may also be exported into a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. Summary variables include maximum, minimum, mean and standard deviation of centre of pressure displacement, sway and velocity as well as the total excursion area.
Human performance in a vast range of functional tasks can be assessed and trained using the InnerBalance System. By tracking vertical force production and movement of the centre of pressure both static and dynamic tasks can be evaluated. Any task that can be performed on the force plate can be used but common examples include:
- sit to stand – count and time repetitions, vertical forces exerted and shift in centre of pressure
- lunge – force generation and velocity of centre of pressure with comparison between left and right legs
- walking gait – normal, fast, tandem and backward walking can be performed on the plate
A range of summary variables are automatically calculated and formatted into a written report along with graphs of centre of pressure and sway. All measures may also be exported into a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. Summary variables include maximum, minimum, mean and standard deviation of centre of pressure displacement, sway and velocity as well as the total excursion area.
Drop and Stick
The ability to land from a jump or dropping down from a box and then quickly stabilise the body position is reflective of athletic ability as well as recovery from injury. The drop and stick test as implemented in the InnerBalance software measures, analyses and records the time to reach stability, variation in force during this time, and peak force of landing. A standard report including summary variables and graphs of force and centre of pressure can be generated for inclusion in Word documents. Results may also be exported to a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet for further analysis or database management.
- Turns any Windows or Apple Mac computer into a sophisticated balance and stability assessment and training system (requires FT200 or FT400 Force Plate)
- Inexpensive and comprehensive measurement system that has no equal
- Instant feedback for the athlete or patient during training and testing
- All test results can be exported directly into Microsoft Excel for professional reporting and collation of test results
- Utilizes your existing investment in your computer rather than requiring you to purchase a dedicated device which has no other use
- Quantifies balance, stability and functional movement performance accurately with high reliability and validity.
- Computer running Windows XP, Vista, Windows7 or Windows8
- Apple iMac or MacBook running Parallels or VMWare
- USB port
Free introduction into the InnerBalance System
We would really appreciate you taking InnerBalance for a test try out. The full version of the software is available for free from our download page. You will be able to install and run the software to see if InnerBalance meets your requirements.
If you wish to purchase now the price for single user license is $1,900 AUD. Please note this is for the software only and does not include any hardware. Please contact us to request pricing on our force plates.